The Canadian Government cuts the Long-Form Census,creates a survey that costs $ 35 million for less reliable data and then cuts the agency back again by $7 million!
Canadian Press: Troubled StatsCan facing $7M in cuts
Hamilton Spectator: StatsCan to cut more 5 more surveys
The Article includes the following surveys – I think I have the correct links but I am unsure!:
- The Industrial Pollutant Release Survey (I cannot find a link)
- The article says The Quarterly Energy Use (Households and the Environment: Energy Use or Quarterly Industrial Consumption of Energy Survey which one?) and the Greenhouse Gas Emissions Survey (Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Private Vehicles in Canada, 1990 to 2007 or Greenhouse Gas Emissions Report which one?) both pilot projects;
- The National Population Health Survey;
- The Survey of the Suppliers of Business Financing; and
- The Survey on Financing of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises.