The Government of Canada is soliciting feedback from Citizens on Copyright. The questions being asked are as follows:
1. How do Canada’s copyright laws affect you? How should existing laws be modernized?
2. Based on Canadian values and interests, how should copyright changes be made in order to withstand the test of time
3. What sorts of copyright changes do you believe would best foster innovation and creativity in Canada?
4. What sorts of copyright changes do you believe would best foster competition and investment in Canada?
5. What kinds of changes would best position Canada as a leader in the global, digital economy?
Please take a few minutes to comment as part of the Copyright Consultations.
The most efficient way to do this is a formal written submissions.. You can submit by sending an email to
The consultations will run until Midnight Sunday, September 13, 2009, so make sure your contributions are submitted before then.
For the curious, a draft submission by a CivicAccess.ca list member can be found at is Copyright 2009. He welcoms feedback and he also states:
Please grab anything you want from my submission towards your own.